10.20.2008

Trendfucking

I'm still in KC,MO visiting Duncan - We putzed around the Crown Center today (Hallmark owns about 3 football field-sized blocks of downtown (or uptown or whatever they call that area) here), which is the strangest mall I've ever seen - it's actually carpeted... We also got totally lost in the underground car park which runs the length of the mall - had we made a left instead of a right, we would not have spent 30 minutes meandering aimlessly through a subterranean exhaust trap and instead would have been at the car in 30 seconds. But we didn't and it was still rad.

They sell wine at the Costco here, which in a neverending fascination for me - I'm drinking a glass of menage a trois and rereading Queer, which I left at his Philadelphia house about 2 years ago... I just happened upon the section about Don't Panic tshirts, and realised how old I am...

Then I realised that I'm still just as fierce as I ever was, and I continue to be entirely sync'd to the pop zeitgeist at all times... But the boredom continues - I see the lives of acquaintances at Red Tettemer or the non profs and I'm just... so jealous. I love my telecommuting and my ability to say 'fuck off' via an out of office message, but quite frankly, I'd give it all up in a heartbeat to be able to wear funzier clothes to work and actually be in an office where Republicanism isn't the norm. And where dyeing my hair wouldn't cause a stir. I hate the whitebreadedness of it. Yawn. I might even be willing to start back at the bottom if it meant I'd actually enjoy what I'm doing. But surely someone can use these crazy politikin' and analytical skills? Maybe?

I'd be so good as a events manager/styling director, it's sick. Just sick.

No comments: